We R Memory Keepers Harvest line is absolutely gorgeous! The colors, the patterns and textures are all so autumnal. Owls are all the rage now, and I had seen quite a few owl decorations out and about, and on Pinterest, of course. I knew I wanted to showcase as many of the patterned papers as possible on my version of an owl banner, and a bit of dimension-
1. Each owl starts with a plain brown lunch bag. Fold down the top approx. 3 1/2" -making sure that the bottom folded up piece is on the back side.
2. Next fold in each side of top fold creating a giant point-your owl is starting to take shape.
3. For each eye, punch a 2 1/4" starburst from brown cardstock and a 1 1/2" circle from white cardstock and 1 1/4" circle from black cardstock. Stack and adhere under the pointed flap as seen in the photo below.
4. I created 2 different styles of owls, for the first style, I adhered rows of scallop edged strips from a variety of patterned papers from the Harvest collection, up to, just below the eyes.
5. For the second style of owl, I cut four 4" circles from various patterned papers. Fold each in half and then unfold, and run through a 5" Creative Station with permanent adhesive.
6.Match up folded sides and adhere circle halves to create a dimensional owl "tummy"
7. Adhere a paper doily, right under the owls eyes and then adhere dimensional tummy to center of doily.
8. Lay a piece of brown velvet Sew Ribbon along top crease.
9. Adhere a patterned paper triangle at the base of the point to create a nose. Fold down point and staple at the top of the patterned paper triangle.
10. Hang up your festive owl banner and enjoy!
Supplies-brown paper lunch bags, We R Memory Keepers Harvest collection patterned papers and cardstock, We R Memory Keepers brown velvet Sew Ribbon, We R Memory Keepers magnetic twist trimmer (scallop blade) & magnetic circle cutter, paper doilies, EK Success Starburst and circle punches, Xyron 5" Creative Station with permanent adhesive refill and Xyron glue stick,