just a little more, upcycling! This week of Doodlebug fun has been so awesome for the Xyron Design team-check out an entire week's worth of inspiration!
As my gift giving is largely to teenagers, I am always on the lookout for unique and fun way to present the perfect teenage gift-CASH IS KING! I saw a version of this idea, and just knew I could make it my own. This is perfect for any gift giving occasion, birthdays, holidays, graduations, the possibilities are endless! The bonus is that it is super lightweight, so shipping cost will be minimal!
1. Start with a recycleable container-the only criteria is that it has to be wider than a dollar bill :). Cut a slot in the lid, slightly wider than a dollar by about a half an inch.
2. Take your determined amount of dollars and scotch tape them together, end to end. Then roll the connected bills into a tight roll, secure with a rubber band and set aside.
3. Cut Doodlebug Fall flowers patterned paper to fit the container you choose, then run thru Xyron 510 with permanent adhesive refill).
4. Adhere patterned paper to container.
5. To create a pull tab, from Dots patterned paper cut a 5"x3" piece, crease at the 2/1/2" point and then 3/4" from each side. Snip a diagonal cut on each side of each end.
6. The Doodlebug (Happy Harvest collection) Mini Flowers kit, Doodlebug jewels and Xyron's black foam squares from the Teresa Collins adhesive kit, are all you will need to create these dimensional beauties! The flowers simply punch out, then begin stacking them with a foam square in between each layer. I topped each flower with a Doodlebug jewel (Day by Day collection) in the center for a little bit a glitz.
7. Adhere Happy Birthday sticker to one side of pull tab at the fold on one side. Apply strips of Xyron's Double Sided High Tak tape to top of pull tab and arrange flowers around happy birthday sticker.
8. Feed the first dollar thru the lid slot and then scotch tape pull tab to first dollar, then replace lid.
9. dollars are rolled inside of container so that they will pull out easily!
Supplies-Xyron 500 Creative Station (permanent adhesive) Double Sided High Tack tape, Adhesive Dots, Xyron's Teresa Collins Adhesive kit, Doodlebug Happy Harvest collection, Harvest Dots and Fall Flowers patterned paper, Mini Flower craft kit, quote stickers, Doodlebug jewels (day to day collection)
Hi, Happy Birthday card
supplies-Xyron Mega Runner (permanent adhesive) Xyron Adhesive dots, Xyron Double Sided High Tack tape, Doodle bug Happy Harvest collection- Dots patterned paper and Quote stickers and the backing paper in the Mini flower craft kit (small green floral print) Mini flower craft kit, Bazzill cardstock
Really cute idea!
This would make a
great gift, feel free
to send me one!!
Carla from Utah
Posted by: Carla Hundley | October 11, 2013 at 09:44 AM