I am so excited to be a part of the Faber Castell Design Memory Crafts team! Their products and concept are completely amazing! I hope to inspire you to go out and play with some of them, today!
So, let's start this Technique Tuesday with a bang!!! I love learning a new technique, don't you? You can use it over and over again on a bunch of different projects! This week, I really wanted to share some techniques I used featuring Faber Castell Design Memory Craft's Gelatos® Colors-they are super versatile and of course, very fun!
You don’t have to have it all figured out
Inspirational tag art
By Ann Corbiere-Scott
I fill my home with little inspirational pieces of art, I’ve created. I love building layers and layers of artsy goodness-lots of dimension, color, patterns and texture-it makes me happy! Here is a perfect example of my version of mixing mediums with matching color palettes to create confidence!
- With bubble gum and mango gelatos, scribble a manila tag until it is covered.
2. Spray with water and blend with your finger
3. Repeat the same gelato color wash process on a sheet of hole reinforcers for even more yummy mango and bubble gum artsy goodness!!!
4. Next, I dropped water droplets onto the manila tag, let it dry a minute or two and then dabbed it with a paper towel-the results are a magical watercolor bokeh effect!
5. To add some dimension and to build on the circle theme, I mixed a few slices of bubble gum gelato with some modeling paste and pushed it onto the tag through a funky circle stencil.
6. While the gelato/modeling paste mix was still wet, I pushed the colored hole reinforcers, some paper confetti (in the same color scheme) and some enamel dots. They all stuck perfectly and added even more dimension!
7. To add a finishing touch to the tag, I sewed a straight stitch all around the edge.
8.Now I was ready add my inspirational quote. I typed up a favorite quote on the computer, cut it into sentence strips, adhered them to the base of the tag. To add a bit more dimension and depth, I scribbled around the strips with my black aquarelle pencil and smudged it with a wet paintbrush.
- Gelatos® Colors-Bubble Gum and Mango
- Whipped Spackle
- Art GRIP® Aquarelle Watercolor Pencils-black #199
- Stamper’s Big Brush Pen - black #199
- No 10 shipping tag
- hole reinforcers
- Hero Arts Old Letter Writing Wood mounted stamp
- Doodlebug 'Sprinkles' self adhesive enamel dots-Bubble Gum
- vintage seam binding
- Dear Lizzy Fine and Dandy paper confetti and glitter sticks