I am in love with my Art Journal, (in all actuality, I have several :) They are a place to lose myself in Art, to try out new techniques and products and to create little pieces of inspiration Art that speaks to my heart and soul. The process is always fluid, sometimes, I start with a quote, song lyric or poem that I really like, sometimes I start with a fun background, sometimes a technique.
For this little piece of art, I wanted to build layers-I love the depth that the layers create. I find dandelions so delicate, their movements are graceful, airy and dainty. I wanted to convey that feeling on this art journal page.
1. With a pencil, I lightly drew a dandelion along the left side of the page
2. I chose some Heidi Swapp Color Shine sprays. There are only 2 in the photo, but I actually chose 3.
3. I randomly sprayed 3 colors all over the entire page.
4. I pressed a paper towel on top of the art journal page (pressing lightly and not rubbing)*save that paper towel for a future project :)
5. I sprayed more Color Shine through The Crafter's Workshop Sea Bubbles 6x6 stencil and let it dry
6. I stamped with a Hero Arts script stamp and Archival Ink around the edge of the art journal page-creating a organic frame
7. I traced the pencil drawn dandelion with American Crafts Ultimate Craft Pen.
8. Dandalions have such a magical etherial quality about them, so I applied some silver Zazz glitter glue from American Crafts in the center of the flower
10. Rub the tip of a Ranger Ink Tim Holtz water brush over all of the Stabilo lines smudging them slightly.
11. draw free form lines and stretch letters to fill the space
12. go over all penciled letters with the Ultimate Craft Pen, then erase all pencil marks