I am so excited to be one of the first designers up, during our week long Graphic 45/Petaloo/Xyron blog hop! Be sure to check in every day for more creative inspiration!!! Graphic 45's Steampunk Spells collection is some of the most intricately and beautifully designed patterned paper, everytime you look at them, you'll see something new! Petaloo's Darjeeling collection of amazing gorgeous flowers and trims, you can't help yourself and have to touch them! And Xyron, come on, they are the undisputed KING OF ADHESIVES!!!!
So, just imagine the fun it was to combine this trifecta of artsy goodness!!!!! I challenged myself to use as many products as I could in each of these projects and I must say, I am happy with the results! The rich colors, patterns and textures just jump off this spooky Halloween greeting card! Who wouldn't like to find this in their mailbox, sure beats a Visa bill, right??? You'll be able to create one or many yourself, by following the instructions below!
1. Cut a card base from Bazzill (raven) black cardstock, (8 1/2" x 5 1/2") fold and set aside. Cut a piece of Steampunk spells patterned paper (5 1/4" x 4") and set aside. Cut the cat piece from a piece of Frightful Folly patterned paper, set aside. Cut a piece of Clockworks patterned paper (4 3/4"x 3 1/2") and cut an X in the center.
2.With a bamboo skewer, roll back each of the 4 quadrents of the X that you cut-creating a window of sorts, set aside.
3. Adhere the piece of Steampunk Spells pattened paper to the center of card front, then adhere the cat piece to the center of the cardfront.
4. With Xyron's Double Sided High Tack tape, adhere window piece on top of Steampunk Spells piece, making sure to have the cat peek through the window. Lay another strip of High Tack tape along bottom of card front and adhere a length of Petaloo Fancy Trims (Aqua) crochet lace.
5. With Xyron's High Tack Adhesive Dots, adhere 3 Petaloo Darjeeling flowers (Autumn) in lower right corner. In upper left corner add 2 pieces from Graphic 45's Steampunk Spells Banners sheet.
Next up is a gift box, like no other!!! Presentation is almost equal in importance, to the gift inside, right? Well, I can hardly wait to fill this beautiful gift box with some Halloween goodies, and brighten the day of my darling college student!
1. Start with a 4 inch gift box from any craft store. Cut 5 (4" x4") squares from Graphic 45's Fanciful floral patterned paper, ink all edges and run thru Xyron's 900 Creative Station (permanent adhesive). Adhere patterned paper squares to each side and top of gift box.
4.Punch out many pieces from Graphic 45's Steampunk Banners sheet, ink the edges and run them all thru Xyron's 150 Create a Sticker (permanent adhesive). Adhere the banner pieces along the top edge of the gift box.